Friday, May 3, 2013

Returning to the Blogging World from my new location

My dear readers! Here I am, coming to your from our new home. :) It is wonderful!!!! I'm going to put together a post about what I learned from moving but I wanted to give you a quick glance at the big event now.

Things went really well. We got the key on Wednesday afternoon and took our first loads out shortly after. The house was pretty clean and looked so different empty. We carried in our boxes and went home for some supper. Thursday and Friday were spent hauling boxes in the rain and unpacking some at the new house. Saturday morning, we were greeted with snow falling from the sky. Who would have thought it would snow at the end of April here?!? Not us! Anyways, hubby (along with some strong help) struggled to get the furniture and appliances loaded up into the cube van while a friend of mine and I loaded up our vehicles and took off to the new house. My friend and I hung out with the kids, unpacked and set up rooms as the big items arrived. It was so wonderful to have the help and the company.

We've been here two weeks now and we're well settled in. Almost all of the boxes have been unpacked and those that aren't are at least put away. Hubby's brother moved into the basement last weekend and things seem to be going well for him too. Our old garage is about half emptied into our new one and so hubby is feeling more at home. ;) The kids are loving having their own rooms and playing outside in our huge yard. We've had a little drama since we got here (my truck broke so hubby is doing all the driving and errands, and my son has had a harder time settling in) but we're managing.

That's it for now. I've been getting into a bit of routine and catching up. I'll have more for you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment