Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Gardening? Yes, I can!

Well, this is something new for me - I have a flower garden. I've had some potted flowers outside before but at our new home, I now have a flower garden across the front of the house.




I haven't done anything besides weed it yet but I've been planning. My family got me a few flowers for Mother's Day which I'm going to put in there. As well, there are some flowering plants in the backyard that aren't doing to well so I'm going to try moving them to the front. Hopefully they will like it there better. In the back, the poor plants are sitting in the shade. Some of them are the same as in the front and you can really tell that they aren't thriving back there when you look at them. Plus, it's probably going to be easier to have the flowers all together. ;) I have a few rectangular pots to put some flowers in but I haven't decided where they are going yet so they are sitting empty, patiently waiting for me.



There are a couple of reasons why I haven't done anything besides weed the garden yet. One is it's been too cold again. The other reason is I've got a lot of mystery plants (like this one above that has purple flowers I think). I know I've got a couple hostas (had one at our old house) and there is a white bleeding heart coming in along with a snowball tree. But the rest I'm waiting to see what they are and what colours are out there.
 
Today as I write to you, I sit inside avoiding the rain outside and hoping my plants are enjoying the shower. Can't wait to add some new stuff in the garden. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment