Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Good First Day


We've been anticipating this day with excitement and nervousness. After a great Summer,  Bugs (my son) and I had to say good bye to Tookie (my daughter) at school once more. She started Grade 1 today. There was definitely mixed feelings for everyone. The kids have gotten a long so well this Summer. Bugs was a little sad to have his playmate gone leaving him. Tookie wasn't sure what to expect and wasn't sure she was going to like it.



Hubby wasn't able to take Tookie to school so Bugs and I walked her there. We found her new classrom and met her new teacher and the kids who she'll be sharing the year with. Once Tookie felt comfortable (actually very quickly), Bugs and I could go but he didn't want to. "No go. Stay school." It was actually cute to see him lined up there with all the other kids.



Eventually Bugs and I made it home and had a quiet day. He was a little lonely for his big sister so I let him take it easy and had kids shows and movies on most of the time. I got started on some Fall cleaning and organized a bunch of paper .Supper is in the crockpot already. :) And now we're back from picking her up. Back pack is unpacked, lunch stuff ready to be cleaned, no homework yet.

Tookie had a good day. Bugs had a good day. I had a good day. Guess that's all that really matters.... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment