Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer - Week 1

Well, we did it! We survived Week 1 of Summer. Woo hoo! Isn't that the most important thing? I mean, after my daughter being in school for months, when Summer hits, I wonder how we'll do. Will I be hearing lots of bickering and fighting? With the kids be bored? How will I keep them entertained? Are the three of us going to make it out the door to swimming lessons on time? What am I going to serve for lunch? What about supper? Oi!!! So many questions, so little time.

So Week 1, it pretty much just winging it. My daughter has swimming lessons at 9AM Tuesday to Friday, so it's a quick rush out the door for all of us in the morning. My son and I sit and watch while she's in the pool. Now I am one of those people who don't like to be late and I don't like kids wondering around and getting into trouble. So, I made sure to pack everything ahead of time and leave early. DD was already in her bathing suit so she just needed to get her other stuff off. We were the first ones there and got a great spot to sit in the benches. I brought a bag of stuff for DS to do for the half hour. He has breakfast at the pool. There's colouring to do and cars to play with. That pretty much keeps him busy for the whole time. And he's a good boy anyways. ;) DD is doing great at her lessons and even jumped off the diving board for the first time at the end of the week.

And that was only the start of the days.... After swimming and since we're out already, I tried to do any running around we needed to do. Tuesday we went to Dollarama and picked up a few things we needed like a lock for the locker at the pool. Thursday we went grocery shopping.Then it's time for lunch. :)


Since it's nice out, I like to have the kids eat outside. We've got a section of our deck that stays shaded till about 1PM which is the perfect spot for the kids to have their lunch. I found a plastic tray at Dollarama for $2 (I think it was) and that has come in sooo handy. I can get their stuff on the tray and it makes it a lot easier for carrying the stuff out the door. And since I don't fit at the kids' picnic table, I can use it as my own table.


With it being so hot here (in the low 30C), we spent a lot of time in the water during the late afternoons. I've set up the pool a few times. They used water guns and blew bubbles. And Friday I set up the sprinkler which was a big hit. They seem to love all of it although DS gets tired of going in the pool too many days in a row. Now that I know, we can do a different water activity each day.

On Thursday we made an extra run out to WalMart for this...
No, not the shed or the pool, but my lovely table and chairs. :D I have always wanted something to sit on down by the pool that I could leave there. I was so excited to see the outdoor furniture on clearance when I went grocery shopping, I had to go back to get them. With it being so warm, we're spending a lot of time in the pool. I wanted to have one less thing to set up for pool time. I watched for a while and was able to get the furniture on sale.

This week is going to be cooler so we won't be doing water stuff as much. Hoping to do a little more cleaning and decluttering this week to keep us busy. Stay tuned.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment