Friday, October 7, 2011

The October Basement Project

So hubby has said he's going to start on the basement soon. I CAN'T WAIT!!! It would be so nice to have the extra space in our tiny little home. I recently moved our (soon to be 2) son's crib into our 5-year-old daughter's room. They go to bed at the same time and it's working out pretty well. However, this can't last forever. So the basement needs to get completed....

The major problem with the basement is that we've been using it for storage for the last 5 years. In order to help my hubby out, I said I would finish going through the stuff down there and clear some space for him to start working on floors, walls and cupboards. Here are some before pictures. The first two is the area that needs to be cleared out and moved down to the end. The last picture is the stuff I've already gone through, pared down and has been re-stacked.


I've gotten some storage containers but really need to get a few more. I would like to see everything I'm going to keep in plastic rather than cardboard boxes. Some of the stuff is more transitional still - stuff the kids will use and grow out of soon.

My plan is to spend at least 15 minutes down there each week day. Even with the busy week I've had I still managed to do 30 minutes and 40 minutes this week so far. Still need to get down there today....

No comments:

Post a Comment